This was sited on the land that is now Chapel Street. At the moment flats stand on the land were the chapel once was, but even these have been demolished in October 2001, and the land now lies vacant..
The Chapel was built in 1883, at a cost of £1,600 and stood for almost 100 years before demolition. It officially closed its doors on the 15th August 1965.
Its official address was Derby Street, as the front entrance proves here….
As mentioned above, the church was demolished on the 2nd March 1967, and Council flats built in its place some years later.
These same flats are now due for demolition circa March 2001. Click here to see the pictures of the flats being demolished. The demolition finally took place in October 2001.
Barrett's Directory 1947.
The Hyndburn Chronicles by Paul Lanham.