High upon the hill tops of Rishton, to the North of the town, sits Black Law
Built in 1878 by Henry Petre of the
Dunkenhalgh, the farm affords slendid views of the Yorkshire Dales to the North East, the Ribble Valley to the North, Blackpool and the Flyde Coast to the West, Darwen through to Haslingden and beyond to the South, and through the Burnley valley to the East over Great Harwood.
Strangly, the date stone is not on the house itself, but on the side of the building.
Black Law farm, like many farms, sits off the road, down a track,
footpath 14, which passes by the farm heading to Great Harwood.
The back of the farm house above, shows the entire lenght of the
building, the front of the farm house can be seen below.
Strangly the date stone for this building is on a lean to extension
on the side of the building. This can be seen easier in the picture