Built in 1876 by H. Petre for his farming estate, this farm typifies the era.
The farm house is built like an english cottage, with a front garden
and two front room with two bedrooms, and a central door at the front.
On the 18th January 1952, An application was submitted from Mr. F. Ireland, for a petroleum
Licence at Middle Mickle Hey Farm. It was resolved by the Rishton Urban District Council that a licence
should be granted.
The building in the above picture sits to the left of the farm house.
Although an old building, the doorway is not big enough to be a barn,
and four windows suggest that this could have been an older farm house,
but there is no date stone present.
No further information is known about this building at present.
Across from the other two buildings stands the barn.