This area is mentioned in one of the earliest deeds found about Rishton about 1200, when the stream is described as part of the boundary line for the division of the district. It was then known as Northdene, the valley to the North of the village.
Norden common was enclosed as far back as 1786, and Norden was leased to Thomas Bulcock, who was a gentleman of Micklehey.
He erected at his own cost, charge and expense, a good, substantial and sufficient new stone dwelling house and one barn including shipponing for 16 cows and a stable for 5 horses, finding slate and stone to finish and complete the same.
On the 10th December 1942, the Council resolved that the application of W. Leigh to register as a Milk Purveyor at Norden Farm, Rishton, under the Milk and Dairies Order, 1926, be granted.
Rishton Remembered by Kathleen Broderick.