During 1935 the shop was still a clog shop but was run by Albert Talbot. Albert owned the shop for a good few years, still being present in the shop in 1947, and again in 1951.
The present community centre on the corner of School Street and Commercial Street was the double fronted ladies and gents shoe department and the shop front on Commercial Street was the clog and repair department. This was opened in 1924.
The Co-op shop on Hermitage Street contained a cloggers, grocery department, and a green grocers.
1947 Barrett's Directory