An application was received for a licence to keep a Pet Store at 43, High Street on the 18th June 1953. It was resolved by the Council that a licence be granted.
A month later on the 9th July 1953, Mrs R. Hill then applied for a change of use for the shop premises.
A charge was made for the Licence granted, on the 17th September 1953, at the rate of 10/- per annum, a proportionate charge being made for the year 1953.
Council Minutes 1953 - 54.