Following the opening of Rishton Colliery in 1884 a new building was erected at Meadowhead to take advantage of fire clay available from the pit.
Operations seem to have been limited after Olive’s death in 1896 and the works was apparently disused by the turn of the twentieth century.
The brickworks was situated alongside the Leeds and Liverpool canal, next to Meadowhead colliery at the South side of Rishton.
A section of west wall and overgrown foundations were still visible up to 2003. The land was bought by a builder and early in 2004 the area was cleared ready for new houses.
Industrial Rishton - Kathleen Broderick.