First erected in 1846 by James Pollard, who was a chemical manufacturer and mordant maker from Bridge End in Oswaldtwistle.
By the 1870's John Grimshaw of Holt Mill had taken over the business.
In 1896 the works was converted to a slaughterhouse and animal products works by Joseph Davis, and continues in this form today. Substantial reconstruction took place during the late 1970's.
A section of random stone built works on canal side, modern iron clad and asbestos sheds, circular steel chimney.
Canal side embankment still shows built up stone work and cut out section for deliveries and goods.
Industrial Rishton by Kathleen Broderick.