The weaving sheds principally produced shirting's. W. H. Hornby & Co. (1900) Ltd., went into voluntary liquidation 1927-8, and Hornby's Blackburn Mills Ltd., was formed by John Whittaker of Rishton to continue running the mill. Little further work took place and the new company was wound up in 1930. For a short time the Whittaker Automatic Loom Co. Ltd., ran a few looms to demonstrate their product but this venture collapsed in 1932. From 1934 onwards the mills were used by a great variety of non-textile firms.
Cotton town web site.