The Rishton Arms was granted a drinking licence in 1878 to Daniel Thwaite's of Blackburn.
Better known as the Station Hotel, or Station pub, the pub still survives today.
The Bowling Green seen in this picture fell into disuse during the Second World War, and is these days tarmaced over and used as a car park for the inn.
Situated at the far end of Station Road, the pub is commonly called the Station Pub. It was an ideal place for travellers to stop once the train had departed, or ideal if the train was running late!
On the 21st January 1943, the Council amended the rateable value of the Rishton Arms from £28 to £36. In the same council meeting, the value was changed again. This time from £36 to £48.
The rateable value of the Rishton Arms (Bowling Green) was also set, from £18 to £1 Rateable Value.
12 months later, on the 17th August 1944, the building was re-rated yet again. The Gross Value was £67 per annum, with a Rateable Value of £54. It was proposed by Rishton Urban District Council to change this to £79 Gross Value, with a Rateable Value of £63.
On Tuesday 25th February 2003 CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) arrived at the Rishton Arms at 8-00 pm for the presentation of the first of two Plaques to pubs having achieved Ten Years in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. The plaque for 'Ten Years in the Good Beer Guide' was be presented to the landlord & landlady Rita & Alan Taylorson, of the Rishton Arms by Graham Ormerod, member of the East Lancs. branch of CAMRA.