The new pad footpath ran from the Canal Bridge at the end of Spring Street, over the Great Harwood railway bridge and through to Lee Lane.
The Council resolved that application be made to the Dunkenhalgh Estate on the 25th July 1935, to re-open the old footpath from Norden Wood Tip to Lee Lane across the field from the L. M. & S. Railway to the roadway opposite Tottleworth Lee Farm.
On the 8th August 1935, The Surveyor reported that as instructed he had prepared a plan showing the direction of a proposed footpath from Tottleworth Lee Bridge to Lee Lane, and forwarded same with a covering letter outlining the Council’s suggestions to the Dunkenhalgh Estate.
By the 5th of December 1935, the scheme to re-open the path was side lined. The Council Surveyor reported on his interview with the Agent to the Dunkenhalgh Estate regarding the proposed footpath from Tottleworth Lee Bridge to Lee Lane, and presented to the Committee an estimate of the probable cost of constructing the footpath in accordance, with the conditions laid down by the Dunkenhalgh Estate. Resolved that, in view of the excessive cost of the scheme, no further, steps be taken in the matter.
By the 6th of February 1936, a complete U turn had been made, The Council Surveyor reported on another interview with the Agent to the Dunkenhalgh Estate regarding the proposed Footpath from Tottleworth Lee Bridge to Lee Lane. The council resolved that the Surveyor be instructed to proceed with the work immediately arrangements with the Estate are satisfactorily completed.
On the 14th May 1936, The council surveyor read correspondence received about the proposed footpath from Tottleworth Lee Bridge to Lee Lane.
A letter read, received from the District Estate Manager on the 2nd July 1936, to the London, Midland & Scottish Railway Company, informed the Council of the conditions on which he was prepared to recommend to his head office that the Railway Company agree to the user of Tottleworth Lee bridge by the public in connection with the Councils proposal to construct a public footpath across Tottleworth Lee bridge to Lee Lane. The terms presented by the Railway Company were accepted by the Council.
The Council clerk reported that he had received the Agreement from the London, Midland & Scottish Railway Company, on the 20th August 1936, for the for the use of a footpath over and across Tottleworth Lee bridge to Lee Lane at an annual acknowledgement of £5 per annum, and that the agreement was in accordance with the arrangements already made.
The Clerk reported that he had received the Agreement, duly sealed, for the public to cross the Bridge known as Tottleworth Lee Bridge, over the Company's Great Harwood Loop Line of Railway at Rishton, on the 1st October 1936, as indicated upon the plan attached thereto.
The Clerk presented to the Committee the Tenders received for the supply and erection of approximately 300 linear yards of post and rail fencing, on the 5th November 1936, from Tottleworth Lee Bridge to a point in Lee Lane and the Tenders were opened by the Chairman in the presence of the Committee. Resolved that the Tender of Mr. George Harwood, of 2/1 per lineal yard, fixed complete, in accordance with the specification, be accepted and the Surveyor be instructed to arrange for the work to be commenced.
On the 7th January 1937, The Surveyor reported that the Contractor had commenced work on the erection of the Fencing of the New Footpath from Tottleworth Lee Bridge to Lee Lane. It was also Resolved that the Surveyor be instructed to purchase a new form for use on the new footpath from Tottleworth Lee Bridge to Lee Lane.
A letter was received by the Rishton Urban District Council on the 7th June 1938, to complain of the use of cyclist on Tottleworth Lee footpath, it was resolved that signs were to be posted indicating that cycling is prohibited.