Found over the hills, and bordering the Ribble Valley, Parsonage Reservoir was formed by the damming of the stream, which was, and still is the boundary between Rishton and Wilpshire.
Parsonage Road crosses the reservoir, splitting it into two, much the same as the railway does with Rishton Reservoir.
The reservoir is a feeder for Dean Clough reservoir in Great Harwood, which is used for drinking water.
Originally built in 1916, the reservoir was used to supply water to the people of Blackburn. Its capacity is 196,000,000 gallons of water.
A pump was built next to the reservoir to supply water to a tank near Eddyholes farm, which supplied the farms and higher grounds between Little Harwood and Brownhill. Another pump was installed on York Lane.