A To Z Index
Street Index
Message Board
Contact Us Donate to Us
Buildings
Censuses
Churches
Cookbook
Community
Conversions
Council
Directories
Downloads
Event Calendar
Farming
Fun & Games
Geology
Genealogy
History
Industry
Leisure
Maps
Occupations
Parks
Pubs & Clubs
Photo Gallery
Rishton Life
Services
Schools
Shops
Sports
Stories
Suburbs
Transport
Tourism
Walks
Waterways
Web Utilities
Video's

Website Information

Whats newWhat's new?

Why not try the "Interactive Map" of Rishton, move your mouse over the map and click on the hotspots to open the page.

Search This Website


powered by FreeFind

Today in Rishton..

Current Weather

Rishton, England, United Kingdom Weather Forecast Provided by Weathercity.com

Latest News Headlines

Currently Unavailable

For more news on Rishton use this link

Website Visitors

 

(See the web stats page in the utilities section of the site for previous visitors)

Since February 2009 -

free counters

Post Codes

 
 

Even

Beckside BB1 4AG 104 BB1 4AG
Brooklands BB1 4AG  
Burnside BB1 4AG  
Capernwray BB1 4AG  
Carford BB1 4AG  
Fernbank BB1 4AG  
Glenetta BB1 4AG  
Hazeldene BB1 4AG  
Ivy Cottage Bb1 4AG  
Rock House BB1 4AG  
Rose Cottage BB1 4AG  
Vere Croft Bungalow BB1 4AG  
Vere Croft Shed BB1 4AG  
Around Parsonage Reservoir 2004

Parsonage Road starts on the hill tops of Rishton, near the New Inns. The road drops down the hill and between the two Parsonage reservoirs which are the border of Rishton and Wilpshire, before carrying on to Mellor.

In 1925 Mr. J. A. Bibby, a builder at the time, applied for a house to be built on the North Side of Parsonage Road. The only building that can be seen today on the North Side is the farm, which I am sure must have been there before 1925? As you may gather, this is under investigation.

It was left to the Blackburn Corporation to supply water to this property.

In October 1937, The council collector reported that it had been found, that after boundary changes, a bungalow in Parsonage Road which had been thought to be in Blackburn, had now been found to be in Rishton. Lancashire County Council suggested that the position with regards to the rates be not changed until the year end.

References

Council Minutes 1925 and 1937.