The Council Surveyor was instructed to make the necessary arrangements with Blackburn Corporation Electricity Undertaking for the installation of electric lighting in the Mortuary on the 5th September 1935.
On the same date, it was resolved that Mr. Spencer be appointed to clean the Mortuary, and that he receive 1s. per week extra for doing same.
On the 3rd October 1935, the Surveyor reported that, as instructed, he had communicated with Blackburn Corporation Electricity Undertaking regarding the lighting of the Mortuary by electricity, and presented to the Council Committee a quotation dated 23rd September from the Undertaking. The quotation was accepted, and the Surveyor was instructed to arrange for the work to be put in hand.
The Council Clerk reported that he had received an account from the Watch Committee of the Blackburn Corporation on the 6th August 1936, for the use of the ambulance in conveying a body from Higher Cunliffe Delph to the Mortuary in Rishton and that he had forwarded same to the County Coroner, who had returned same. A copy of the letter was forwarded to Blackburn.
On the 30th June 1940, The Council Clerk reported upon the shortage of mortuary accommodation, and intimated that should it become necessary he would requisition, under the Defence Regulations, the disused portion of the Co-operative Slaughterhouse.
R. G. Smith was given the weekly duty of cleaning the mortuary on the 9th November 1944, and remunerated at the rate of 2/6 per week.